Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's the sugar



OK so today was a work day where I was left to my own devices as to what I would eat, I started the day with my Nature's Path Raisin Bran and coconut milk; not to bad. Once I got to work after about two hours I needed a snack so I went to eat some apples and peanut butter but I chose my old favorite which was Skippy's Natural Honey Roasted. Hold the brakes cause while on the Daniel Fast I was eating Trader Joe's unsweetened crunchy and boy could I taste the difference. My old favorite was way too sweet. I ended up eating the apples just plain. There was only a small amount left in the jar probably about four table spoons; but it was hard for me to throw it away. I don't like wasting food it is something that was instilled in me as a child eat all that is on your plate or don't waste over good food. So while I was at work I did not throw away the jar however when I got home; I remembered how overly sweet the peanut butter was I tossed it. The other thing I did was drink some sweet coffee with cream just the way I like it and while it was really great, while drinking it I knew it was not going to be good for me. I had a training class today and I wanted to be alert so I ate a small avocado and Garden of Eatin Pico de Gallo tortilla chips and drank some tea ,that did the trick for lunch and for diner I ate my homemade spicy lentil soup and a small quesadillia. OK so how did I feel after today....

There was a slight amount of swelling in my feet and some in my ankles and legs so it is the sugar that did it. I ate no meat but I never put the sugar together with the edema and I think that I am finally making the connection.

No comments: